Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hiya

Kit wrote a letter of introduction for his grandparents to use in their ward for Kit, prior to his arrival in Utah to stay with them this summer. I decided to post it, because I think it's pretty dang awesome.
-------------
My name is Christian (edited)*, but my friends call me Kit. I am the grandson of Ian and Cathy (edited). I will be twelve on the 15th of June. I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints all of my life. I am a Boy Scout, and as a cub I earned the Arrow of Light. I have also earned the art, first aid, and communications merit badges as a blazer. I am currently a Tenderfoot, and I am only a few more requirements from getting my second class. I was born in Salt Lake City, but I have lived in New York City in Manhattan for the last seven years. I go to a special public school in New York called (edited). I will be in the seventh grade this fall. In June, I will be going to Puerto Rico with a group from my school to explore five different ecosystems all over the island. We will be there for two weeks camping in tents, and we will even be able to watch turtles hatch. I love to draw, play with my baby sister and cats, and to spend time with my family. I am also interested in robotics, comic books, computers, writing, maths, engineering, and how things work.


*I have been advised to edit sensitive information, for reasons of internet safety.

No comments: