Monday, March 3, 2008

Today, while the sun shines

I love the sunshine. However, I hate hot weather. But pleasant, warm and breezy sunshine - bring it on! I am loving this weather in Florida. It's a small slice of paradise, indoors and out.
I LOVE not living with cats.
I LOVE having a dishwasher.
I LOVE having a car!!!
I LOVE having a walking trail directly next to the condo.
I LOVE that this is a condo!
I LOVE having two bathrooms.
I LOVE having a balcony/lanai. (Reminds me a lot of our life in Brisbane.)
I LOVE having a washer/dryer in the condo (even if it does smell a bit off).
I LOVE having Jena with me.
I LOVE having Steph here, helping me care for Jena.
I LOVE singing again.
I LOVE making money.
I LOVE being near the sea.

On Saturday, Steph and I took Jena to the sea for her very first time. The sun was just beginning to set, and a brisk sea breeze was blowing. Sarasota is on the Gulf side, so I can't really call it the ocean. But the sand was white and fine as flour. There were cheeky seagulls and pelicans swimming and running about, and most of the day's crowd had left. It was beautiful. I will never forget it.
I am happy being here. I only wish Travis and Christian were here, too. Then it wouldn't be a slice of paradise, it would be the whole kit and caboodle.

No comments: