Monday, November 19, 2007

Entitlement

I am pissed. And it has nothing to do with me, aka the thing that is pissing me off is really none of my business. It's my brother and his wife. They are expecting their first-born, which is wonderful and SO exciting (!!!). That's not the problem. The problem is the accompanying greed.

They created their baby registries at Target and babiesRus - created them with over 300 items! WTF?! I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Geez, I felt sheepish and greedy enough with 50 items on my Target registry last year! And we had NOTHING. We still have NOTHING. But we get by.

Travis reminded me how my brother has always been like this. He has created detailed "Give me" lists since he was a kid - and they have always been long. Something about that really turns my stomach. Well actually, not "something", but the whole "entitlement" attitude that I find to be complete bullshit. I crap my pants with embarrassment asking for ANYTHING. The idea of doing what they did is beyond my comprehension.

The thing is, his mother will indulge and enable this behavior, just as she has his entire life. I am jealous of that. I resent it. I resent that I feel like I have to grovel and kiss feet and ass for anything I get. Well, I don't resent that I have to do that, but rather I resent that my brother never has to do that. Ungrateful shit.

So there. My ugliness on the internet. My secret shame of resentment and envy and utter disgust.

Good thing this damn blog is permission-set.

No comments: